Boys & Girls Club of Camarillo Shuttle Vehicle being serviced by Camarillo Car Care Center.
Camarillo Car Care is proud to participate in and sponsor many community events.
Here is just a few that we have had the honor of being a part of:
- Sponsor and Donation to the silent auction for Camarillo’s Los Primeros Magnet School “Bids for Kids” Annual Spring Dinner Dance and Auction Fundraiser.
- Sponsored the Annual Camarillo Kiwanis George M. Thayer Scholarship fund 5K /10K run.
- 2008 Tee Sponsor of Camarillo Noontime Optimists Youth Benefit and Golf Tournament.
- 2006 and 2007 Ad Sponsor of the Camarillo Academy of Performing Arts annual performance recital.
- The annual AAA “School’s Open, Drive Carefully” Safety Campaign. Camarillo Car Care donated its advertising space in the Camarillo Acorn to this important campaign during the month of October 2007.
- Gold Sponsor of Oxnard Union High School District R.O.P. Car Show 1998-2008
- Partnered with AAA for 2006 Celebrate Earth Day’s “The AAA Great Battery Roundup®.” Our facility serves as their collection location in Camarillo.
- We are annual supporters of the Camarillo Ranch Foundation Annual Gala. Each year we donate 2 Lifetime Oil Changes to the organization’s silent auction.
- Members of the Ventura County Regional Occupational Program (ROP) Advisory Board. This organization is a joint venture of the Oxnard and Santa Paula High School Districts, and the Conejo Valley, Fillmore, Ojai, Simi Valley, And Ventura Unified School Districts. Ventura County ROP services the cities of Camarillo, Fillmore, Moorpark, Newbury Park, Ojai, Oxnard, Santa Paula, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, and Ventura.The program offers free, hands-on job training, career guidance and job placement assistance to all those sixteen years old and older. Last year, approximately 3300 people were enrolled in Ventura County ROP classes. 3,000 of those were high school seniors and juniors.ROP regularly provides intern positions at Camarillo Car Care Center. Local high school juniors & seniors experience on-the-job training, supervised by ASE-certified technicians.
- October 1999, helped coordinate and lead a major Car Care Fair/Charity Fundraiser for the Ventura County Chapter of the American Cancer Society. Participants included: Local NAPA AutoCare Ad Council comprised of seven NAPA AutoCare Centers, and their three serving NAPA Auto Parts Stores; NAPA factory representatives; NAPA Los Angeles D.C.; Royal Purple; Automobile Club; American Cancer Society; Camarillo Police K-9 Unit & Mobile Disaster Response Unit; Ventura County Fire Department; local high school auto shop students and teachers, local high school service club members, and Oshman’s Supersports in conjunction with their “Women in Sports Day”.
- October 1998, organized a NAPA AutoCare Car Care Fair at Camarillo Car Care Center. Activities included a free vehicle safety inspection performed by local high school auto shop students under the supervision of ASE certified technicians; Halloween costume contest; free child fingerprinting; charity fundraiser carwash; NAPA product displays; prize drawings & BBQ lunch.
- Participant in 1994-1997 Car Care Fairs; sponsored by Automobile Club of So. CA. (AAA) and the Automotive Service Councils of Southern California (ASC-CA).
Camarillo Car Care Center’s stamp of approval that this vehicle is safe to transport children in our community.
- Supporter and past board member of The Camarillo Boys & Girls Club. Established and chaired the Bingo program that developed into one of the club’s most successful fund-raisers.
- Personally raised $10,000 in donations from the local community to fund a recent expansion to The Camarillo Boys & Girls Club facilities.
- Contributions to 1994-2000 Boys & Girls Club Annual Fundraising Auctions. Donated $750-$1000 in automotive parts & service for each auction, and matched the auction sale price with free service to Boys & Girls Club vehicles.
- Sponsor of 1998 NAPA AutoCare Scholarship recipient.\
- Member and past “Head Trader” of Camarillo Trade Club, a group of local business owners who recently donated $3000 to the Camarillo Chamber of Commerce office renovation campaign.
- July 1998, provided Camarillo Car Care Center as a training location for local police K-9 teams. Officers hide drugs and “burglars” throughout the facility for the dogs to find.
- Member of Camarillo Chamber of Commerce; past board member & recipient of “Retailer of the Year” Award.
- Past president of the Camarillo Optimist Club. The Camarillo Optimists achieved Honor Club presidency. Instrumental in developing the “Youth We Appreciate” program, which recognizes local students for their academic achievements and community involvement. Continue to support the program through annual donations.
- Annual sponsor of Camarillo Hospice Tree of Life campaign.
- Established the Camarillo Hospice “Oil Change Program” Customers who write a check to Hospice receive a free oil change.
- Annual donations to local Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts annual fund-raisers.
- Annual sponsor of Kiwanis Club 10K run.
- Donations to the National Council of Jewish Women, Camarillo Section.
- Sponsor of Tri County Mustang Club’s car show to benefit the American Red Cross.
- Donations to Handicapped Children’s Services of America.
- Support of local 4-H members through donation to finance program expenses.
- Gift certificates for lube, oil, and filter donated to local school PTA fund-raisers.
- Annual supporter of Camarillo High School’s Athletic Booster Club.
- Supporter of Camarillo High School “Adopt-a-Desk” Program, which was established to fund the purchase of new desks for the entire school of 3000 students.
- Sponsorship of local youth baseball and soccer teams.
- Donations to Pleasant Valley YMCA local scholarship fund.